By popular demand here is the pizza dough recipe. Some say it was the best pizza they’d ever had.
Lawns to Loaves Pizza Dough
- 3 cups sifted whole grain flour (red spring wheat)
- 2 tbsp vital wheat gluten
- scant ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tsp local unpasteurized honey
- 1 pkg dry active yeast
- Mix warm water and honey. Add yeast and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour, gluten and salt. Mix well.
- Add yeast mixture to well. Mix with wooden spoon. Add olive oil and mix again until combined.
- Sprinkle flour over a clean counter surface. Roll dough into a ball on the counter. Add flour as needed. (Can be generous here.) Kneed in long strokes until nice ball forms.
- Place ball of dough in large bowl and cover with tea towel for 45min to 1 hour. (Option to kneed again and let rise a second time for another 45min.) Should double in size.
- Split into 2 halves. (Each half makes one large pizza.) Stretch into circles by hand (use rolling pin if necessary.) Add more flour as needed.
- Place on parchment paper or pizza stone, and top with favourite ingredients.